Sunday, June 3, 2012

Curry Chickpea Poppers

While browsing the interwebs a while ago, I found the idea for roasted chickpeas.  It's a great snack and definitely satisfies that crunch-craving.  For awhile now, I've played around with spices (Italian inspired, Thai inspired, etc.) and I think I found the perfect mix for me!


Ingredients

  • 1 can of Garbanzo beans (aka Chickpeas)
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Curry Powder
  • Paprika
  • Cumin
  • Touch of Chili Pepper
  • Dried Thyme
  • 1/16th tsp. of Olive oil (or use oil spray)

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  • Drain can of chickpeas and dry very well.
  • In a bowl, lightly coat the chickpeas with oil (as I said I use the spray to make my life easier).  Evenly coat with a mix of the spices listed above.
  • On the cookie sheet, place chickpeas in a single layer and put in the oven for 30 mins.  (Every 10-15 mins or so, open oven and shake around to make sure they are cooking evenly).
  • Store in an airtight container and enjoy the tastiest, healthy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment