Sunday, May 27, 2012

CCK's Cookie Dough Dip

So ask anyone I've talked to recently, and they will tell you that I have been dying to make this recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie for some time.  I finally had a reason to make it, and I am so happy with it!  This dip ended up tasting just like cookie dough, so excited!


I forgot to take a photo, so I just grabbed the one off her blog (the link to the original recipe is below).
Also to note, the best thing to dip with looks like graham crackers or fresh fruit!  Eating it straight would be perfectly acceptable too.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained) (250g)
  • 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
  • tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 tbsp. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, try the recipe in this link instead. Just don’t bake it.)
  • up to 1/4 cup milk of choice, only if needed
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar (Or liquid sweeteners such as agave, maple, etc.  A mix of brown sugar and Truvia is also an option)
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips or  Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
  • 2 to 3 tbsp oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit for a thinner dip.)
Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.

My Changes*:
  • 2 1/2 - 3 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 1/2 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 pkt Truvia
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
*Since the party guests were not very open to healthy, I decided to mask the chickpea flavor a little more than I would if I was making it for myself.  Added a bit more vanilla extract and mixed mainly brown sugar with a packet of Truvia.

Overall, both thumbs up for this recipe!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/

No comments:

Post a Comment